Are you our next Youth Leader?
Do you have MRKH and are you from the UK, aged between 20-25 years old and comfortable addressing topics around MRKH and facilitating discussion in a small group setting and motivated to support others? We are looking for a new Youth Leader to join our team!
The MRKH Connect Youth Program began in 2022 and Connect have been honoured to receive funding from the National Lottery to roll out the Program into 2023. Connect want to continue to offer this program to the community in 2024 and beyond and are now looking to bring a new Youth Leader on board. If you are new to our Youth Program, you can find out more here.
The role of the Youth Leader is to deliver an online group support program for young people who are newly diagnosed with MRKH. The Youth Leader works closely with the Connect team, with close supervision and guidance, to develop and deliver the youth program which is run over a 6 sessions set (run on consecutive weeks) with 3-4 Program sets expected per year whilst also contributing to the youth outreach activities of Connect.
What do I need to consider?:
- You do not need to be a Youth Worker or mental health professional to apply for this role.
- The Youth Program is a peer led – socio educational based program drawing on personal experience and key topics of interest to the community to facilitate discussion and connection. It is not professional support, nor does it pretend to be.
- It is helpful (but not mandatory) to have already been a participant to the program.
- Experience and motivation to be creative and take initiative, whilst being comfortable to engage the group and lead the discussion is important.
- MRKH Connect is a volunteer run charity however our Youth Leader is reimbursed for their time preparing and undertaking the program.
- Preference will be given to those from the UK as we are a UK registered charity. However we have an international reach and if you feel you could bring something to Connect and live outside of the UK, but are within a European timezone, then please do consider applying.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. If you have any questions please contact Charlie – firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered please complete the short application form below and we will get back to you. We look forward to receiving your application!