Challenge: 5000 hours of activity in 50 days – THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART IN 2022!
5000-in-50 is an international initiative to raise awareness for MRKH in this our second year of this challenge we invite you to join us as we start again on May 5th 2022.
Inspired by ‘Run for Heroes’ and other in-person ultra-challenge events that have had to be held virtually since the start of the pandemic, our collective challenge to participants is to contribute to the goal of completing a total of 5000 hours of activity, in 50 days in pursuit of raising awareness for MRKH.
This virtual event, with in person challenges (where restrictions allow) will challenge every individual who takes part, all of whom will contribute to a collective target of activity whilst promoting their own physical and mental health and feeling a sense of community.
We designed this event to make it as accessible as possible and there are a range of activities to choose from under the following themes. These have been made to be as broad as possible so there is something for everyone and might include:
- Fitness: running, cycling, walking etc
- Wellbeing: meditation, yoga, pilates etc
- Writing: Journaling, blogging, poetry etc
- Arts and Crafts: painting, sketching, crafting
NEW for 2022 we have additional events for participation including
- Social events: virtual and in person social events to log activity together including our Connect with Friends series
- Femigami workshop 15th May: join us for a free workshop for all participants as well make body positive origami together!
- Wellness events: focusing on physical and mental health including an event with the amazing Sunni Anne Ball
- Sponsor challenges: our sponsors are also working on challenges for us all to keep us all motivated
- 5000m for MRKH 19th June: 50% discount on the MRKH Canada 5000m event for all 5000-in-50 participants! Discount code provided on sign up!
- Create, Collage, Connect 23rd June: a creative event led by the lovely Ellamae designed to get us all thinking
Prizes were up for grabs from Not Your Nana’s Yarnwork, Vadge Badges, Femigami and from our amazing MRKH community – all designed to promote positivity, diversity and inclusivity!
- When does the challenge begin? 5th May
- How much is it to sign up? There is a minimum donation of £5 to sign up. Once you have registered and verified your email address you will be redirected to the donation page to complete your registration. Your donations go to MRKH Connect to allow us to continue the work we do and plan for future events.
- Are there any geographic restrictions? No, this is designed to be an event open for all and as the event is virtual there is no geographic restriction
- Who can register? Registration is open to all whether you have MRKH or not. We know how important our friends, family etc are in our journey and everyone has a part to play in this virtual challenge to collectively work together to improve awareness.
- How will I log my hours? When you register you will be asked to generate a username and a little closer to the event we will share details of the new event page for 2022 to log your hours . In addition we are also planning to integrate Strava as well.
- Do I have to select just one activity? There is no limit to the activities you can do during the event the key is to challenge yourself and dedicate some time for you in the process. It could also be a chance to try something new!
For press inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org