Date: 30th July 2022
Time and Venue: 12:30 – 18:00 at Future Dreams House, London, UK
Join us for Connect LIVE an in-person community led event, featuring speakers of MRKH lived experiences, international presentations, and panel discussions in London, UK.
MRKH Connect has curated a hearty program, that will bring you unique and inspiring stories through the lived experiences of people with MRKH, presentations spanning from diagnosis day to parenthood, interactive panel discussions and group-breakout sessions designed for all those touched by MRKH, ending with a social event where everyone can come together.
A full program will be available very soon as we secure our guest speakers, but we can safely say, that this event will offer support, encouragement, and guidance on how to live (and thrive) with this challenging diagnosis.
Who can attend?
Anyone with MRKH over 16!
Please note that owing to ongoing COVID restrictions in place at our venue, numbers are limited so we will be working on a first come first served basis at registration. All MRKHers are able to bring a plus one if you choose.
However, note that those with MRKH and our wonderful friends, partners and parents will be located in two separate rooms for the majority of the day to promote a safe and comfortable environment for all with MRKH to chat and share together and same for our supporters.
MRKH Connect wants to make support as accessible as possible so whilst it won’t be possible to live stream the event we will be recording the presentations and making them available online following the event for everyone to access.
There will be an opportunity for everyone to come together, socialise, share experiences of the day and meet new people in a social event at the closing of the day.
Find out more information about the event and logistics by following the link to register!
- 12.30 registration opens
- 1pm event starts: Introduction from Charlie, Welcome to the team and Intro to the day
- 1.30-1.45 – Dr Amy Lossie – MRKH and Genetics
- 1.45-2.00 – Dr Susan Carroll – Mental Health and MRKH
- 2.00-2.15 – Charlie Bishop – Infertility
- 2.15 – 2.30 – Questions to speakers
- 2.30 Coffee break
- 3.00-3.15 – Vaginal Lengthening options and experience – Ellamae Fullalove
- 3.15-3.30 – Cultural Diversity and MRKH: Hasna Khanam & Badia Atcherson
- 3.30-3.45 – MRKH and Intimacy – Nikol Dekazou
- 3.45-4.15 – Panel discussion: Wendy Hensley (MRKH mum), MRKH Partner, Ellamae Fullalove & Dr Susan Carroll. Moderated by Ally Hensley
- 4.15-5.00 Breakout groups with topics including: Intimacy and Relationships, Mental Health, Support for Partners, Friends and Parents.
- 5.00 Wrap up to formal event
- 5.00-6.00 Drinks reception social event and final thank yous
Our events cannot provide medical advice or professional support but can help signpost to services/professional support that may be of interest and are a great way to meet, share experiences and learn from others.