Challenge: 5000 hours of activity in 50 days
5000-in-50 is an international initiative to raise awareness for MRKH and registration is now open!
Inspired by ‘Run for Heroes’ and other in-person ultra-challenge events that have had to be held virtually since the start of the pandemic, our collective challenge to participants is to contribute to the goal of completing a total of 5000 hours of activity, in 50 days in pursuit of raising awareness for MRKH.
This virtual event is set to challenge every individual who takes part, all of whom will be contributing to a collective target of activity whilst promoting their own physical and mental health and feeling a sense of community.
We have designed this event to make it as accessible as possible and there will be a range of activities to choose from under the following themes. These have been made to be as broad as possible so there is something for everyone:
- Fitness: running, cycling, walking etc
- Wellbeing: meditation, yoga, pilates etc
- Writing: Journaling, blogging, poetry etc
- Arts and Crafts: painting, sketching, crafting
During the event we will have several community led sessions where participants can choose to join in with one of the many specific in challenge events planned and log activity together to help motivate and encourage each other.
We have collated prizes from across the MRKH community as well as giveaways and incentives throughout the event and you will be hearing more about those and our wonderful partners in the coming days and weeks – we are so excited to tell you more!
Follow our event hashtag #mrkh5000in50 and also why not join our event Facebook page? Find it under our MRKH Connect page Events on Facebook (@mrkhconnect).
We really hope you will join us for this new and different way to raise awareness as an excellent way to challenge ourselves, improve our own wellbeing whilst shining a light on our strong, brave, warrior community.
- How much is it to sign up? There is a minimum donation of £5 to sign up. Once you have registered and verified your email address you will be redirected to the donation page to complete your registration. Your donations go to MRKH Connect to allow us to continue the work we do and plan for future events.
- Are there any geographic restrictions? No, this is designed to be an event open for all and as the event is virtual there is no geographic restriction
- Who can register? Registration is open to all whether you have MRKH or not. We know how important our friends, family etc are in our journey and everyone has a part to play in this virtual challenge to collectively work together to improve awareness.
- How will I log my hours? When you register you will be asked to generate a username and also select whether you would like to use your username or first name during the challenge. In the coming weeks you will then be provided with an Event login ready for the start of the event on 5th May. We will also have offline activity logs too that you can have up at home and note your hours and send those to us – a little bit of extra motivation 😊
- Do I have to select just one activity? There is no limit to the activities you can do during the event the key is to challenge yourself and dedicate some time for you in the process. It could also be a chance to try something new!
For press inquiries please contact email@example.com